Anyone also has a hard time switching between languages?

I am a native Portuguese and English speaker (born in Brazil immigrated to the US as a young child) so Portuguese at home and English at school. I am working on learning Spanish and I realized that whenever I put myself in an immersive environment (either by traveling or consuming only Spanish content) that I tend to get “stuck” in Spanish mode. I mean this by saying that I have a hard time switching and thinking quickly if I get asked a question or unexpected interruption like a stranger asking me a question or a phone call. Maybe my brain is slow in transitioning, I find it annoying and interesting because I can tell I am thinking deeply in Spanish which is what I need to improve. Please tell me I’m not alone!!

submitted by /u/sustainableaes
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/aw1rTLI
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments