Accent reduction practice

Hello everyone in this beautiful subreddit!

I've had a problem with pronunciation in English (and in any other, including my native language) my whole life, and even getting a degree in translation did not help me much. I stutter and under-enunciate words but I don't have any medical condition, it's all mostly due to social anxiety and being shamed my whole life for the way I speak and how much I speak. It was always too much, too loud, too shrill, too annoying or too progressive for my conservative town. And at home it was never safe to make too much noise to practice pronunciation while I was still a student.

Now that I live a different life in a different place, I want to improve my accent in English and stop being scared to teach or to present in that language.

Could you share your stories about overcoming pronunciation/accent problems in your target languages? I need a little encouragement and maybe tips to help me on my way to a better British English.

Thank you~

submitted by /u/pm12a
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/QmubW4e
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments