Get Siri to Read To You In Your Target Language!

Public service announcement, on Mac and iPone, you can highlight text and have Siri read it to you in Over 30 languages. You can change the speed of speech so that you can hear words pronounced clearly and slowly. You can even change the accent region for some of the languages. The reading is very smooth and sounds like natural human speech in my target language, nothing like the old robot Siri of the past.

This resource has helped me with my reading and auditory comprehension more than any other single resource. I read along with it as it dictates. My auditory processing has become much faster since using this feature and I can now keep up mentally with spoken conversation. Siri reading along with me has connected 2 different parts of my brain that were largely separate. That would be, reading/writing and speaking/listening. Below are the instructions on how to change your settings to try this for yourself.

For Mac

System Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content

Once in Spoken Content change system language to your target language, then choose the voice you like, choose the speed of dictation, turn on Speak Selection

Let me know if this helps you!

You can do this on the iPhone as well.

submitted by /u/cringerpants
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/PSNfLR7
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments