Does is make any sense to learn two languages at the same time?

I know most of us were learning two foreign languages at school but 4 lessons a week vs learning a new language every day as an adult are two very different things.

For more context, I'm a native Polish speaker and right now I'm learning Spanish (English->Spanish) on my own. I've started ~2 months ago so I'm a newbie but my motivation is strong.

When I was at school I used to love German. I was only ~B2 but very solid since I attended a private course A1-A2 and I was learning German from the very beginning in two different schools and at my university. I used to learn it not only at school, I translated German songs on my own etc. The only reason I stopped was because of my English exams. At that point I was mixing spoken English and German too much

Whenever I hear German music or see a German movie I'm so eager to learn it, I can't wait to open my old notebook with vocabulary.

Does it make any sense though? Learning Spanish and trying to remember a language I wasn't even fluent in? From a few years back?

German is rather easy for Polish speakers. Also, does it make sense to learn English -> Spanish and Polish -> German or am I gonna just make my life too complicated?

submitted by /u/No-Bath-6510
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/pS2Dt14
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments