best way to learn french as a German living in Canada(Ontario)

Hi, what do you think is the best way for me to learn french? German to french? Or English to French? I just moved to Canada and prop never will move back to Germany so maybe good to learn eng2french to think more english?

I speak German native, English c1, Spanish only in written form A1/2 (understand the basic words, know grammar and can read quite a lot but can't speak or comprehend what something is saying ( we never spoke in class just translated business letters...)

I can understand the French words better than Spanish words only if someone is talking really slow in Spanish like some Columbians I can understand the words.

Would love to use a app like babbell etc. I hope I don't need to go trough meaningless chapters to me like in Duolingo, don't need to learn what a restaurant or house is for several lections...

I'm open to learn with textbooks if they are significantly better than apps. My french pronunciation is good, french friends helped me with that a lot. I have the opportunity to talk in french regularly if I want.

Thx in advance

submitted by /u/rhazag
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/H5sxcog
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments