Should I have subtitles in my TL or I’m English

I took 2.5 years of French classes and I feel like I can hardly introduce myself in French. I really want to become fluent but I feel like my brain just turns off when I try traditional learning methods. Despite my inability to speak French, I can actually somewhat understand it. I want to watch tv to get better as my friend who’s a native speaker suggested that to me. I can understand the plot with French audio and subtitles but I struggle A LOT and I admittedly get most of my understanding from the French subtitles rather than the audio. I’m wondering if I’m try to go too advanced too soon and I should use English subtitles for now.

submitted by /u/Picu24-alt
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2mZFV7R
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments