I signed up for language classes but I hate it, what should I do?

I recently started learning Spanish on my own and I thought attending a language course would help speed up my progress. So I signed up for one but I really don’t like the teacher and the way he teaches. Like it’s a beginner course but he seemed very impatient with everyone. When I got confused about which task to do in the textbook, he looked super annoyed and sighed heavily. Maybe I’m just too sensitive or something but I don’t like when teachers act that way. I’m in college, I’ve dealt with many weird professors but this one actually makes me genuinely uncomfortable. So I don’t know what to do. The language school doesn’t do refunds or anything else.

I have a couple options but idk what to do and need some help deciding:

  1. stop going and lose money
  2. keep going despite the fact I hate it

Another problem is that my parents gave me the money for the course. If I stop going and tell them, they will get super mad. I could also just not tell them and pretend that I’m still attending the classes and spend that time on self studying so I actually learn something. But idk. I feel so bad and idk what to do.

submitted by /u/leahpayton22
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/CHQjiqV
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments