How can I improve my accent that I cannot even hear while speaking?

Basically English is my fist language for a quite some years now. Unfortunately I cannot escape the thought that my accent (obviously the grammar as well) doesn't really show that out . The funny thing is that my accent sounds totally clear for me, like the one of a news anchor. But when I record myself and play it back I notice a pretty noticeable accent and multiple mispronunciations. Personally I think that my biggest problems are the vowels., especially "a" and "e".

The funniest thing about it, is that when I am speaking the other languages that I learned or spoken natively before people usually point out that I am speaking with an American accent. So in way all the languages I speak are "cross contaminated" by one another :P

submitted by /u/Kunnen154
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/BvtMdfy
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments