Italian or Spanish?

Hello, first off, I have read the wiki.

I'm wondering about which one of these two languages to learn. As a part of my Bachelor's degree (I'm studying Area Studies), I'm obliged to achieve B2 in at least one foreign language (not English). My mother speaks Italian fluently, and would like to teach me the language. However, I already studied Spanish in highschool. Spanish is also spoken by many more people and could help me with my studies, as I want to focus on North America during my studies. On the other hand, I feel that my country (Czechia) has closer ties to Italy than with Spain (even more so with Latin America) and Italian could prove more useful career-wise.

I know that these two languages are very similiar and learning one could definitely lead to learning the other, I just want your opinion on what would you do in my situation.

submitted by /u/Fingermantraut
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/sK6YO2A
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments