How to learn Portuguese as Native Spanish speaker?

Hi everyone, I am a native Spanish speaker🇲🇽, and I want to learn how to start learning Portuguese.

I have no idea how to start since a lot of the vocabulary, grammar and other things are very similar. I have familiarity starting languages that have nothing to do with my mother tongue or English, such as Japanese and Chinese, which those I started by learning the alphabet learning how to pronounce things, learning vocabulary, and then tenses and grammar.

However, I feel like when I listen to a Portuguese podcast or when I read an article or see some text I want to say I understand 50% of it if not more but I cannot speak it since I don’t know the language. Any tips on how to get started? Also, any resources for this? I typically always start with textbooks, a bunch of flashcards and just a lot of repetitive work, but I feel like this is going to be in more of an immersion thing, but please leave your thoughts.

submitted by /u/xieliansupremacy
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/7xaULuQ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments