Generate subtitles for content and watch them in multiple languages at once

Generate subtitles for content and watch them in multiple languages at once

Hey guys, I'm a fellow passionate language learner and created something cool that I wanted to share with you all.

You can use my app for free at https://freesubtitles.ai to create a transcription for your content and automatically translate it to 7 different languages, and then watch with simultaneous subtitles in your native language and your target language.

https://preview.redd.it/1cm9uc3onh8a1.jpg?width=2772&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0ad4793dc4d4fd8ebc222e8c674ef8702be109f1

Click the settings button and you can choose the language of the subtitles but also the second subtitles that should play under them. If you choose to translate the content it automatically translates into English, German, French, Spanish, Serbian, Arabic, Russian and Chinese. I'm going to add functionality so you can choose which languages to translate to but need a bit of time to finish that.

Only limit is that the upload has to be less than 300MB and one hour or less in duration. I follow Dr. Stephen Krashen's method for language learning which is comprehensible and compelling input, with this approach and the ability to turn any content you find into something you can learn from I think it reaches peak levels of compelling and with the ability to have your own language below to easily compare against to learn words you don't know yet I think it immediately makes all content you find 100% comprehensible simultaneously, thus I think this app reaches the peak of giving language learners maximally compelling and maximally comprehensive input.

I've had a lot of success with it in my language learning so I hope it helps you as well! The code is all open-sourced too if you want to run your own version: https://github.com/mayeaux/generate-subtitles. Cheers!

submitted by /u/meddit_app
[link] [comments]


from Language Learning https://ift.tt/UBbDcRW
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments