Does Netflix suck in your target language?

I’ve seen a lot of people suggest using a VPN with Netflix to watch movies and TV shows in your target language, but in my experience (with Spanish and Italian), it really makes no difference. Even living in the US with tons of Spanish speakers and Spanish-speaking countries neighboring US, the selection really isn’t great.

I’m starting to realize that for some (and probably many) languages, there are dedicated streaming services just for your target language.

For example, instead of finding Italian language content on Netflix, I just use RaiPlay (which is free) in conjunction with ProtonVPN, and I can watch live tv or movies/shows on demand. Instead of finding Spanish language content on Netflix, I just use Pantaya ($6/month) and I don’t even need a VPN because it already serves the US.

To top it all off, the subtitles are usually way better than the sort of material I find on Netflix because it’s (almost) always native content, so there are no problems with translations not matching subtitles.

If you know of a streaming service that tailors to your target language, add it in the comments so we can hopefully build a bank of resources.

submitted by /u/smithysmithens2112
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/mFX2vxE
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments