Where to Start?

What is the best way for an absolute beginner to start learning a language through self-taught methods?

I am a native English speaker with a goal to become proficient in Swedish. Aside from minimal vocabulary and grammar knowledge I am virtually a beginner.

I’m attempting to teach myself and I am a little overwhelmed about where to start. I’m struggling with structuring my learning because I don’t know what is most important to learn at the beginning stages. All the books I have been recommended start at A1 and I can understand some of the content, but I am worried that I am missing foundational information.

Additionally, should I expect that it will take me longer to reach the C1/C2 level without taking any sort of formal courses?

submitted by /u/nottheletter_M
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/nal9Hwq
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments