I've got a question about Lingq?

Hello, I just found out about this website called Lingq today and I decided to give it a shot. I've completed the first 2 lessons (beginner level) and I'm now rather confused about the point of these lingqs. At first, I thought I could click on a word and the site would provide me with a clear and reliable translation. But apparently, that's not the case. A lot of times when I click on a word, there are two or even three options to choose from. What's the point of using a language learning resource if it's not actually going to teach you anything anyway? If I need to pick up a hardcover dictionary and find the correct translation for a word, why would I even be using this site? Also, I've found other threads on this sub related to Lingq and the comments there seem to suggest that all the lingqs are actually made by the learners themselves. In other words, I'm relying on what some other beginner believes is the correct translation for a word. Again... what?! Why can't they simply provide me with clear and straight-forward translations? It reminds me a bit of a teacher who, when asked a question by student, answers: "Uhhhh mmmhh.... hey, why don't you figure it out yourself?? You've got a phone, right? Or you can use the school library!" Like, okay, but then why are you even working here.

submitted by /u/Minister_of_Joy
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/bH1kSal
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments