I need help choosing between Spanish and German.

Hey everyone, I'm a 10th grade student and thinking about learning my third language throughout high school and college. Specifically a European one. I'm a native Turkish speaker who has pretty much mastered English. I have plans to work abroad in the future and kind of want that shiny trilingual medal.

I excluded some languages based on their utility and whether they are phonetic or not. I also read the wiki, did some research and then what's eventually left was Spanish and German. But I'm kind of in a dilemma.

German is teached in our schools, though the education is rather inadequate. I know like a hundred words, verb conjugations and the pronouns just from studying for the school exams.

I don't know that much about Spanish other than some basic courtesy words. There are appears to be more things related to gender but the grammar seems to be easier and more regular. A big problem is that, in contrary to German natives, Spanish natives speak very fast... It's like you add something but take another.

I would appreciate it if someone experienced in either of these languages gave me more insight into it.

And if anyone else has been caught in a dilemma like this, how did you decide?

submitted by /u/-snickerss-
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/daUWg7Q
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments