How to transcribe words you know, but not very well?

How to transcribe words you know, but not very well?

Sometimes, when I'm trying to learn this language, I'll hear a word on the street and then I'll go home and try to look it up to learn what it means.

I can repeat the word, but my pronunciation and spelling skills aren't good enough for Google Translate to work well.

I can ask my native speaking friend, but that's not ideal, since it can get annoying, and humans are unreliable, so I was wondering if there were some better way I could do it myself.

Any advice is appreciated.

Ideally, I could type out the sounds and get back a short list of words in the language that approximately match. (keeping in mind that my pronunciation might be off)

submitted by /u/benjaminikuta
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/z8Uy4t3
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments