How do you understand language that sounds unclear?

I'm facing a problem and I'm not sure the best way forwards. I've reached a point in my TL that I can pretty much understand anything that is said to me - provided I can make out the words. When I'm talking to someone online with headphones or we're sitting across from each other in a restaurant I can understand 100 percent easily. But as soon as someone is standing a few meters away, maybe they're facing slightly away from me, then the words get eaten up by the rfverb of the space and suddenly it's a string of unintelligible sounds - even if I'd understand the words themselves. Obviously doing things like working on vocab or taking lessons/talking to people online won't help here, so what can I do to get better at this?

submitted by /u/Chemoralora
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/KTgVXvn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments