Help with translations.

So for some context, I worked at a mexican restaurant for about 3 years with many spanish speaking people. Didnt pick up a whole lot, but discovered somewhat recently that some of the translations on google arent completely accurate and some of the translations my coworkers were giving me came up more right in portuguese than spanish. Also, i have a real basic understanding of spanish and can somewhat understand and converse with customers. Also I've heard many stories about them having to come to the US from mexico and one from guatemala, memories from these people coming from there. Not brazil or portugal lol.

TLDR; I'm just a lost boi trying to understand more spanish in an ever increasing spanish america and google translating real time spanish translates more correct in portuguese instead.

submitted by /u/LocoCogo917
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/BpsqZKL
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments