Can recognize but not remember vocab: tips for practicing?

I can read A1-A2 in my target language no problem. I recognize the words when I read or hear them, but when I try to use them, my brain is like "nope, that word doesn't exist in here." I have had this issue in other languages as well.
I try to think in my target language as much as possible, and I will do more writing and speaking practice.

It can make it really discouraging to spend so much time on language learning but not be able to use it in conversation. Any advice for how to learn or practice that could make me better at remembering, not just recognizing, vocab? Is this a common problem?

submitted by /u/KineticChain
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/vxDZtkY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments