Best way to learn ancient Greek script?

I want to be able to look at an ancient Greek text and sound out the words, even if I can't actually understand most of it. Maybe someday I'll learn the language more in-depth, but for now I want to get to at least the same level as my Latin or transliterated ancient Greek, which is "I can read and pronounce these words and guess at the meanings of some because they're cognate with languages I know."

Are there any free online resources for learning the bare basics of the alphabet? Ideally an app or website with recorded pronounciations, but a good text-based site or PDF is cool too. The apps I was able to find are either geared to a more advanced student, or they only teach the names of the letters rather than their pronounciation.

submitted by /u/RainWolfheart
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/0YjxbHu
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments