Are English certificates necessary outside of specific work qualifications (translators, technical writers, etc)?

First of all, I don't mean to say they are useless or anything AT ALL, I'm just genuinely curious and i guess a bit anxious at the possibility i might need to pay for certification or i won't be able to land any remote job. I'm a native Spanish speaker and while i felt very insecure about my skill in the language, some US friends made me realize they certainly don't feel there's a language barrier between us, and that i follow conversations like a normal person. Most of the media i consume is in English too, which makes me think like that whole thing i felt was just my low self esteem rearing its head.

Of course that doesn't mean I don't need certification to prove my English to employers, but i'm still doubtful as to how many of them even need it outside of the aforementioned careers.

submitted by /u/MikezooMat
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/vBO1GCa
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments