Trouble finding natives of TL with common interests in my country??

My TL is Japanese and I am an Aussie

I started studying Japanese because I love everything about Visual-vei and wanted to understand it

During studying I also picked up a lot of new interests and got more into Japanese media like Drama, Anime, Visual novels, classical literature, the language.

A lot of the things I like about Japan I find Japanese people who are studying English and have come to Australia have no interest in and rather have interest in western exports which totally makes sence.

If I went to Japan I have no doubt I would be able to find other like minded people but it seems near impossible here.

I don't know what the point of this post was, just wanted to share my thoughts and wondered if anyone has had any similar experiences

submitted by /u/SomeRandomBroski
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://www.reddit.com/r/languagelearning/comments/yhr53r/trouble_finding_natives_of_tl_with_common/
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments