Maintaining Portuguese while learning Spanish

Hey everyone,

I spent quite some time learning Spanish, maybe to an A2 level. I then got the opportunity to have an internship in Brazil, so I lived there for 5 months. I was learning Portuguese quite intensively, and it was improving quite fast in the last few months. However, I have the opportunity to do my thesis in Panama, so I am back to improving my Spanish again. My teacher told me that it would be the best if I would not put any effort into maintaining Portuguese, as it heavily influenced my Spanish accent and I would often use Portuguese words when speaking Spanish. I am afraid that if I neglect my Portuguese, I will lose the ability to speak it. Any tips on maintaining Portuguese language while learning Spanish? Sorry for the long story

submitted by /u/Matis5
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Jv4ey0W
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments