Learning two new languages at a time

Hello!

My native language is English, and I also speak Spanish. I've been learning Mandarin Chinese for about 5 months now, and I actually seem to have a talent for it, which makes the study sessions easier. (For some reason it just "sticks" better than any Latin based languages I've ever tried.) I'm really enjoying it.

We found out that there's a decent chance my spouse's employer will move us to Korea in the next 2 years. We are not military, so we won't be on an English speaking base, but he will have a translator at work. (I, and the kids, will be on our own for language translation and acquisition.) I have wanted to learn Korean as well, but thought I'd probably do it later after getting a better grip on Mandarin. But I'll need to start on Korean ASAP if we are offered the move.

What would you fine scholars suggest? I've never tried two languages at once, and don't know how I would even approach it. Would it make sense to learn both at once, or put Mandarin on the back burner and focus on Korean? Any suggestions you have are welcome!

submitted by /u/Impressive_Top789
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/PTcY7zk
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments