Learning a language just for speech and comprehension

Hi there! I’ve always wanted to improve my Russian in order to communicate with my family better, I’ve come to realize that many methods of learning (duolingo, textbooks or even watching a movie with subtitles) require you to know how to read too, and to write (at least a little)

With other language I studied (English or German) the written standards were very important, and in a way they helped me with memorizing vocabulary and concepts.

Reading and writing are skills that just don’t really interest me, are there any methods of learning that don’t require them? Is it even worth it not to take the shortcut?

To clarify, I know the Russian alphabet but it takes me a long time to read still. Would the answers be different if I replaced Russian with Chinese or Japanese?

submitted by /u/sin314
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/VoyrzUP
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments