Keyboard Input Languages (Windows 10)

Hello! I'm an avid language learner, and at this point, I've accumulated a lot of keyboard layouts on my computer! I'm currently wondering if there's a way that, while using the Russian layout, to switch between the US keyboard and the Russian keyboard without switching out of the Russian layout. I'm trying to avoid having to scroll my full languages list while translating back and forth between Russian and English as I do exercises on Duolingo. This option exists to toggle between Chinese characters and pinyin when you set the layout to Chinese, and I swear it used to be an option for the Russian keyboard too but it's gone suddenly?

Help?

To be fully clear, I'm not trying to figure out how to scroll through my languages. I already do that, using left alt + shift. What I'm trying to do is use the ctrl + spacebar option to switch between Cyrillic characters and Latin characters, while still in the Russian keyboard, same way as the Chinese keyboard lets you ctrl + spacebar to shift between Chinese characters and Latin characters. It seems the same shortcut that used to work for that doesn't work anymore.

Thank you!

(If I've chosen the wrong flair, please let me know.)

submitted by /u/aliendividedbyzero
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Kzyw5Ye
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments