Booking italki lessons to increase fluency in native language. Eg. Booking English lessons when your native lang is English

I thought I saw a tutor ask this on the italki subreddit but I can’t find it. Apparently the tutor had English native student booking English lessons with them.

Obviously not common but am I able to do this?

I grew up in a Vietnamese speaking household and still speak Viet to my family and because I’m shy at work and I have a slight stutter so I don’t use English too much like I used to in high school and uni, and so I feel like Viet is becoming a stronger language for me despite me living in Australia. I just want to get more speaking practice in English... as I’m finding it more difficult to get longer sentences out of my mouth esp when I have a mild stutter.

Is this something I can do? Is this a viable option as opposed to paying $$$ for speech therapy etc?

Edit: basically I just want a friend or someone I can converse with to feel more comfortable with English because I feel like opening my mouth when it comes to English scares me

submitted by /u/peachy_skies123
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/iyhQmHK
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments