Are languages that are similar between them more easier to mantain/harder to forget? Seeking advice

My native tongue is spanish and I want to learn russian and french (already speak english), I wanted to also learn portuguese and maybe italian but I don't want to spend much time mantaining languages, I have other hobbies and a job so yeah, I narrowed down my language priorities to english, russian and french. This morning I was thinking that maybe learning languages similar to my mother tongue (like italian or portuguese) would be harder to forget and thus I wouldn't need to spend time mantaining them, like, I use spanish in day to day life, I use english a lot, russian has a lot of speakers and content so using it is really easy, finding people to talk in italian/portuguese is not hard and are languages that have a lot of content so I think that I could consume content (and maybe talk with some natives) and just not forget those languages because I know that I can use french, english and russian in a "natural way"(without concious mantainance) but dunno about italian/portuguese, what do you think?

submitted by /u/Jeanpi117_
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/NCmM3Ur
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments