Any tips specifically for studying abroad?

So I've been learning Spanish independently for almost two years and although I've made what I feel to be great progress and finally feel somewhat bilingual, I've gotten a bit lazier in the past year and want to reestablish my practice and study, especially with reading and writing.

I am currently 16 and primarily take dual enrollment classes at college and one thing I've discovered I'd love to do is to study abroad, especially in a LATAM country to really experience cultures I truly don't know much about. For how long, I'm not sure but I definitely want to spend time over there, since I've never really traveled outside my country (not counting Canada jaja).

So my question is there any specific way I should tailor my studies to be a quality international student and to be able to take classes and understand professors well? Is just practicing and studying with lots of input going to cut it, or do I need to train in specific niches like academic language or essays?

It would be great if anyone with study abroad experience could give me some general insight to how the adapting process works in regards to the language aspect.

submitted by /u/ValeValeVale0
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/lajGxfm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments