The best way to watch Netflix shows as an intermediate learner

Hi all,

First time poster here- so apologies if this has been discussed many times before!

So i've got to the point in my Spanish learning where I can watch a Netflix show and understand maybe 90% with subtitles (the 10% usually being obscure slang or swear words). However, without subtitles it's a different story- maybe 70% on a good day.

My question is how would you suggest I proceed from here? I feel I have three choices: -

a) Continue to watch with Spanish subtitles (I end up reading everything. After watching with subtitles, I then watch the episode again without subtitles)

b) Watch without subtitles and not actively worry about the parts I don't quite catch (difficult for me to do! I get stressed whenever I don't understand something!)

c) Watch without subtitles, but pause/take note whenever I don't catch or understand something (time consuming!)

Would love to hear your view on what you do yourself- or is a mixture best?

submitted by /u/lisadee4
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/taxvuzK
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments