Reached a new milestone today - telling jokes in my target language

I am learning Spanish (well, I've been "learning" for a long time but have recently made an effort to really buckle down). I love Mexican and Latin American food and making my own salsa, so I have a decent amount of opportunities to practice when I go to new restaurants.

I live in the US and am a native English speaker. My personality is gregarious and people call me a jokester. It feels really good to have been able to impart this part of my personality into my language-speaking skills. It didn't feel forced at all; jokes were created in the moment and in-context, and people laughed and understood me.

Just thought I would share this little victory with you all šŸ˜Š

submitted by /u/mermaiddiva26
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/JaAudWk
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments