Interesting Problem Im having

For some background I grew up in New Mexico, United States so I grew up speaking both English and semi-conversational Spanish (Mostly Spanglish where slang and basic phrases were Spanish) and am now learning French as I live in Northern New England near Canada now. But here's the thing, my rolling rs from Spanish are crossing over and I can't stop it.

Every word that starts with an R I roll my tongue (example being rencontrer) and its funny because A rolling R was a skill that took years to be able to do as a kid and now when I try to stop doing it I can't. Just something funny I thought is happening and was wondering if there is any other people learning different languages that notice something similar.

submitted by /u/MinFedelity
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/9K40uQc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments