I want to learn Swedish- I’m just not sure if I can?

So, it is my first year in uni. I’m studying English Literature in a country in Europe where English is not the native language- it is not even in the top 5 most spoken languages.

Even though no one in my family knew English, I learned English, all by myself. I absolutely have no idea how, but I did it.

Due to this, I have tried to learn Russian through studying Russian Literature but I failed miserably. After two years I changed my department to English, and other than being able to read stuff, I cannot understand much of Russian. Failing this hard made me really self conscious.

Now, I want to learn Swedish. I believe that It wont be as hard as Russian, and unlike Russian, this time I’m actually interested in the language I’ll try to learn. But I just don’t know how will I start.

Like I mentioned, I learned English with no intention of learning it. It is almost as if I was born with the ability to understand English, so I just do not know what to do and how to work my way.

Are there any tips and tricks you guys can share with me? It doesnt have to be about Swedish, it can be about how to start, what are the basics of a language? Should I start with simple words or something else?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

submitted by /u/ireallylovehotwings
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/VbYInTq
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments