For people who felt like they could understand their target language well, how did it go when you went to that country?

For example if you were learning Spanish and you could understand Spaniards well on YouTube and in phone calls but you never really talked with a Spanish speaker in person and you went to Madrid, did you think you could understand the people when they were next to you speaking?

I’m a native Spanish speaker from Andorra and I’ll be traveling to Canada soon alone (are both “alone” and “solo” and “by myself” interchangeable in that sentence ??)

I think I can understand English well online, although it’s not very automatic I have to pay attention. I am kind of nervous because I’ve only spoken with an English speaker in real life a couple times.

submitted by /u/Imperialkingchargefs
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/HUhzOJm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments