Do you want a Discord server for learners of the Vietnamese language?

Hello everyone! I'm a native Vietnamese speaker and also a passionate language learner. Recently I tried to search for materials for learning Vietnamese, just out of curiosity, and I realized there were too few good textbooks or resources for foreigners learning Vietnamese. I couldn't find any actually active Discord servers of the language either.

Therefore, I want to create a Discord server to help learners of the language as I can imagine how hard it would be to learn a pretty uncommon language with not so many proper materials. Also, I am a native speaker but I want to look into my own language from foreign learners' point of view to actually understand how the grammar or use of vocabulary or even pronunciation works 😄

What will there be in the Discord server?

  • For now, the server in my mind is a place you can ask questions about the language, for example "What is the difference between word X and word Y?", "Could you take a look at this paragraph that I have just written in Vietnamese and correct it for me please?" (i.e. not questions that you can easily search on Google).
  • You can also practice your Vietnamese there (but mainly by texting for the time being, if this server will ever be created, because I am not brave enough to do voice chat yet and I will need to find some other native speakers who are willing to do that or maybe someday I will be). Of course learners can practice via voice chat with each other too.
  • Learning materials or media content in Vietnamese will also be shared in the server to help you learn and/or practice your skills in Vietnamese.
  • Maybe I will also share content made by myself (extracts of articles in simple Vietnamese, random slangs, etc.) if I can find time to do so.
  • Even if you are not learning Vietnamese at the moment but you would love to learn about the country, the history or the culture, etc., you can join too. I believe there will also be content for you.

Learners of all levels from absolute beginner to advanced are warmly welcomed to the server. Note that this server only helps you to learn Vietnamese, and I, or maybe most other potential members of the server as well, are not professional teachers so don't expect us to know about the language like a linguist or language teacher.

If you are not learning Vietnamese but you know someone who is learning Vietnamese or just might be interested in learning the language/country, please help me spread the words!

HOWEVER, all of these things will only happen if there's enough people wanting to join the server (please vote or drop a comment down below so I can see who wants to join), let's say at least 30 people. I don't want to set up a whole server just for a few people. You can still text me if you need help with Vietnamese though in case this server doesn't materialize; it would be my pleasure! 🥰

View Poll

submitted by /u/lndang1106
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/TchD7XR
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments