Did starting another language give you a motivation boost for your L1?

I'm so over German, I have to learn it for my career (I have until early 2024) but i'm at the stage where I basically have to double my hours/effort to make progress e.g go from 5k vocab to 10k+. I don't particularly enjoy learning it, I do use it almost daily when talking to friends but that's not particularly advanced or w/e.

I could pick up Chinese and i've thought about it for a while, I lived in China (non english city) for 2 years and was studying for HSK4 just before I left (got a better offer).

So did picking up a second language reinvigorate you? German I need C1+ but with Chinese it would be more of a hobby type thing.

submitted by /u/gily69
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/8bvr1Wj
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments