What’s your favorite media to consume in your TL for immersion? Not talking abt specific learning-oriented media

I’m learning Spanish and I personally enjoy-

-31 minutos- Chilean puppet news parody show, all episodes free on YouTube. The only downside is they often speak fast and after a bit into the first season they stop having accurate Spanish subtitles

-Los Espookys- HBO max show about a group of queer goth friends putting on fake horror shows to scare people (i.e, fake exorcism, sea monster), probably my favorite show TL or otherwise. The Spanish subs match the audio perfectly, but there are constant, unremovable English subs on all the time, making it a little too easy to cheat, but it helps w new vocab (for instance, I learned a lot of new horror vocab without having to type in google translate) ABSOLUTELY recommend, it’s hilarious and it’s only 6 episodes as of right now

-The Owl House Spanish dub (note, I use theowlclub.net’s Latino Spanish dubs) I’ve already seen all the episodes in English so it’s easy to understand, and the Spanish they use isn’t very complex, but not too easy. Unfortunately you can’t have dub and sub on at the same time, and the subs do not match the dubbed audio. The voices and acting are super good though! I love watching their version of Hunter in Spanish, but maybe that’s just bc he’s my favorite. As of last time I checked, they have every episode before Hollow Mind dubbed. If you don’t like piracy I suppose you could watch the Disney+ dub but it’s more focused on spain spanish and the subs match even less, syncing is off, and I just generally don’t like the voices.

I’m excited to hear yours :)

submitted by /u/snootyworms
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/tbgHmY5
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments