Using social media

Im in the process of learning Portuguese (BR) well by that I mean I've started duolingo lol. I plan to make a proper learning plan and routine soon though.

However in the meanwhile I have been following Portuguese content on Twitter, youtube and Instagram. Im really interested in brazilian culture and music so it doesnt feel like a chore and I already spend an unhealthly amount of time on these platforms so I'm exposed to the language everyday. I have to use Google translate or the inapp translation feature alot but it definitely makes me feel more immersed. I feel like paired with some actual focused study time I would be picking up and retaining alot more.

What are other peoples experiences doing this. I guess it's part of an immersion technique.

submitted by /u/zeroicey
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/VTa57vZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments