Speakly listening comprehension - should I be reading the transcripts?

Speakly as a listening comprehension section, where they will read a 6 or 7 minute passage to you - they recommend you listen to it multiple times over 3-5 days to allow it to sink in, saying you will understand more and more on each listen.

They also have a spanish transcript, and an english translation, so there are three ways to listen to it. Without any translation, with spanish transcript, or along with the English translation. My problem is it doesn't give any advice on if I should be utilizing these or not.

What is the best way to learn? Listen multiple times to the exercise even if I don't know what it means and hope that over time my brain begins to figure it out? Or listen to it along with the transcript and then by itself so my brain makes the connections between meaning and sound? This seems much easier but I'm not sure what will be the best way to learn.

submitted by /u/hhhisthegame
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Y8nozBL
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments