Does anyone know if Mongolian or Kyrgyz is more difficult to learn for English speakers

I want to learn one of these two languages. My desire is out of fascination with both countries. I feel like I am more or less equally interested in each, so it kind of comes down to which one is easier to learn

Does anyone have any ideas as to which is more difficult? I've done some basic reading on each and I have tentatively concluded that Kyrgyz will be slightly easier

I have developed miscellaneous pros in direction of either language as well

Kyrgyz:

  • mutually intelligible with Kazakh and other related languages, unlocking more land I can travel to independently

Mongolian

  • more well known in America so will attribute more swagger when shown on a resume in a work setting

If anyone has any wisdom I'd appreciate it. I feel hard stuck in deciding which one to pursue

submitted by /u/withoutmuchregard
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/yFneig6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments