What are your thoughts on 'paragraph and exercices'-type textbooks ?

I started taking lessons with an Italian tutors, and he says we'll be following a textbook for our classes, but after 2 lessons it seems like such a dull grind to me, I usually love studying languages but those kinds of exercices suck all of the fun out of it for me because they're less about making sure you've understood the text (which I'd guess in a 1on1 tutoring class should be easy to do just by organically talking) and more about focusing on tedious details where I personally start resenting the text for spending so much time on something that feels more like filling a form that learning a cool new language.

Though if it's just a me problem and it works for some people then fair enough. What is your guys' experience with it ?

submitted by /u/IMakeInfantsCry
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/K3Frp5t
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments