Tips on conducting tandem-like conversations everyday

Hello folks. I am picking up German again since I'll be living in Germany I think for foreseeable future. I've been living already in Germany since early 2020. I already finished B1 level and started learning B2 but stopped around maybe 10 months ago because of work and study, but the latter is finally coming to a draw and is giving me the precious time to restart my learning. My partner is pretty fluent and decided we should do an hour every day only speaking in German, but since I didn't feel confident enough I decided let's start with 30 mins a day and go from there. My current level: I understand maybe 65 to 70 percent of any German being said. I can pronounce quite well, order at bars and restaurants, and I can even say a few sentences semi-fluently, but conversational skills are still fairly simple for meaningful talks

I don't know, however, how such an intentional conversation would go. I never did tandem and I don't know if we should think of certain topics ahead or just freestyle. Any tips (for both of us) on how to make this daily 30 min conversation as good of a practice as possible are highly appreciated :)

Cheers!

submitted by /u/uncerta1n
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/iSgvPIF
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments