Teacher/tutor keeps increasing prices and gets expensive - has anyone stopped lessons because they can’t afford it?

I’m just ranting because my main Korean teacher who teaches privately (but used to teach on italki) keeps raising prices based on exchange rates and i don’t think I can take as many lessons as I’m currently taking if it reaches a certain amount which it kinda has.

She’s full of energy each time, has a great personality and she’s always booked out. Makes me excited about the language after a lesson. She has lots of students. I’ve tried many Korean teachers and she along with another teacher are the only ones I felt worth continuing lessons with. So I use two teachers and this one is my main teacher whereas my second teacher doesn’t speak English and she helps me only with grammar.

My main teacher has her own site and she lets her old students pay in Korean won or usd. But she bases the Korean won on the usd price. So the korean won price has increased over the past year by 6,000 krw per lesson depending on the krw to usd rate. I’m from Australia so exchange rate is a bit important.

My salary really hasn’t budged and her prices are expensive and I really want(ed) to study with her long term. I get this isn’t her fault and I understand inflation etc but it just sucks.

I have contemplated dropping my main teacher and possibly using my second teacher only but I know I will make lots of progress with my main teacher.

Oh well. Has anyone experienced this before? I’m assuming the korean won price will keep increasing as long as the krw/usd rate drops so I’ll have to re-evaluate what I want to do now.

submitted by /u/peachy_skies123
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/QCW9Z1Y
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments