Supposedly easy languages aren't easy. Very discouraged by language learning.

Checked out a grammar guide of a so called "easy language" (Italian) and felt like my head was about to explode. There are like 20 different forms for a single verb. I don't think I can ever remember how to do Italian conjugation. I thought a level 1 or 2 language is supposed to be easy? Even Japanese, a level 5 language, only has less than 10 forms for each verb (not sure on the exact number, the point being I feel conjugation is actually easier in Japanese than in Italian).

Becoming a polyglot is so impossibly difficult. I love languages, but languages don't seem to like me back. They stubbornly refuse to be learnt. Do any aspiring polyglots also feel a sense of despair sometimes?

submitted by /u/LanguageIdiot
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/k6Yuil2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments