Question about listening

Is it better to listen to a fast podcast that’s hard to understand or a slower podcast that’s easier to understand to get better at understanding natives?

I’m learning English and I struggle to understand natives. There’s a podcast from Canada and I can understand 75% of what they say. There’s also a podcast from Ireland and I understand maybe 40% to 50% of what they say. Because of their accent and they speak really fast. Should I listen to the one that’s easier and slowly progress or listen to the harder one to understand better over time?

My theory is that if I learn to understand the harder Irish one, I’ll be able to understand all native English speakers since that is the hardest one for me.

submitted by /u/Imperialkingchargefs
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/PtNFZ21
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments