Most Widespread languages to learn?

(To preface, I am a native English speaker currently learning Spanish) My goal with language learning is to be able to talk with as many people as possible. Instead of simply learning the most spoken languages, however, I figured it would be more useful to learn languages that have the least amount of common speakers while still having relatively many speakers.

For example, I know Chinese is the most spoken language (by number of native speakers) but to my knowledge, lots of Chinese people know English already, meaning that learning Chinese would be sort of redundant.

Is there a metric for most “spread out” languages worldwide? I was thinking since I will know both English and Spanish, Arabic would probably be a good next language since I doubt many Arabic speakers speak English / Spanish but I could be wrong.

submitted by /u/Jumpae
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/i1sSplx
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments