Can't tell if this is a good idea

Long story short, I just graduated college and studied Chinese for a few years. I'm currently in Texas and a bit disenchanted with my life. My best friend from Taiwan suggested we learn Japanese and teaching. I'm not opposed, however whenever I tell people my plans I get ridiculed. "Weeb," "unrealistic," etc. etc. We already have connections in Osaka, they want us to go for it.

I am currently shipping away at Duolingo and was just curious what the best way to learn Japanese is? Is it even worth it? I keep hearing disconcerting things when it comes to foreigners, yet I'd love to get good, study art and maybe do translation work in the future. Thoughts? Any advice in how to go about this? Is our dream too unrealistic?

submitted by /u/Tiny-Tin-Feet
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/rXGPpkH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments