Best way to watch films/shows in TL?

I’ve been hammering French for a few weeks now (a few hours a day) and I think I’m ready to try shows and films in French as I know this is a useful way to hone listening skills (I don’t live in my TL’s country).

What is the best option out of the following when doing this?:

  • French audio, English subtitles
  • French audio, French subtitles
  • French audio alone (I assume this is when my skills are stronger? Or would it be better to jump straight into this if I’m familiar with what I’m watching already?)

I’m starting with shows and films I’m already familiar with. Also I’d say I’m around a solid A2 in French. I want to push my listening skills but not be so overwhelmed that I can’t pick out any words or phrases.

submitted by /u/Zhuzhness
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/0TQRUvE
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments