Why don't school teach children/teenagers swear words when teaching a second language

Hello everyone, I'm applying for a master degree in teaching French as a second language and I need to write a research proposal. I've always been interested in finding more about swear words when learning a second language. I have a topic in mind and I want to hear about what you think.

So I've been wondering why teachers/schools never properly teach children/teenagers swear words in another language and we still consider it a taboo when talking about swear words. But in reality, when learning a second language we're always curious about how to swear in a new language, isn't it? I have the impression that people learn quicker the swear words and the memory usually last longer (eg. my fiancé learned Spanish for four years at school but now all he remembers are swear words)

My point is, why can't teachers be open about swear words to kids, teach them their origins for example so that we can normalize these words and maybe kids won't abuse the words? The kids are going to be so curious that they want to learn how to swear so they're gonna learn it anyway, so why don't we teach them properly at school?

I have no idea if this is a topic worth doing some research but I'd like to hear about what you think. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Dependent-Display-98
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/8MmDlKg
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments