What's the silliest/goofiest way you or someone else has tried to learn a language?

When I was much younger, I desperately wanted to learn Japanese. But learning a language is hard, and there weren't anywhere near the number of free/low-cost learning materials available at that time as there are today.

So I came up with a typical kid hare-brained scheme.

I listed every English sentence I thought was useful, then used a dictionary to translate each word to Japanese. No conjugation or any consideration toward Japanese grammar. I figured if I knew every sentence I would ever use, grammar be damned, that I'd be "fluent" in Japanese.

What silly thing did you or someone else do to learn a language? :) And if it actually worked...let us know. ;)

submitted by /u/monstersandlanguages
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/OcqYTbn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments